The Swensruds

Welcome to our family website!

Late Night Visitor

About a week ago, I heard a scratching noise at my front door. My cat, Porsche, scratches at the front door whenever she wants to come inside. So, thinking that it was my cat scratching at the door, I opened the door to find a raccoon staring back at me. I shut the door quickly once I realized that the animal staring back at me was not my cat and told Matt that I had almost let a raccoon in the house. He told me to go grab the camera so we could snap some pictures of it. This was the first time we had seen one on our front porch. The raccoon was looking around for food and it looked like it was hurt. The poor thing was missing its tail.


Matt was holding the door open so that I could snap some pictures.


The raccoon spotted my cat on the other side of the railing. They both had arched backs and were staring at each other. Luckily they didn't attack each other.

No comments: